Lampeter is in the heart of Wales, but only about 1 hours 45 minutes from Cardiff and 40 minutes from Aberystwyth by car.
Pay and display car parks are situated on the Cwmmins, Rookery and Market Street and are shown on the map above. Free on street parking is available in the town centre.
Lampeter is the hub of a network of local bus services to Aberaeron, Aberystwyth, Tregaron, Llandovery and Carmarthen. Full details of these services is available from Ceredigon County Council and Traveline Cymru.
- Traws Cymru T1 – Abersywyth-Aberaeron-Lampeter-Carmarthen – Timetable
- Megabus – Aberystwyth-Lampeter-Carmarthen-Cardiff-London – Timetable
- Service 288/289 – Llandovery-Llansawel-Lampeter – Timetable
- Service 585 – Aberystwyth-Llanilar-Tregaron-Cellan-Lampeter – Timetable
- Service 588 – Aberystwyth-Llangwyryfon-Tregaron-Llangybi-Lampeter – Timetable
A Bwcabus service operates in the Lampeter area, providing demand responsive journeys for areas not served by conventional bus routes. There are also timetabled services into Lampeter from Temple Bar and Cribyn, Llanybydder and Pencarreg and Cross Inn and Talsarn. The area served by demand responsive Bwcabus services is shown on this map.
For further information call 01269 801 601 or e-mail email@example.com
- Service 616 – Temple Bar-Cribyn-Lampeter-Cwmann – Timetable
- Service 617 – Bwlchyfadfa-Gorsgoch-Llanybydder-Lampeter – Timetable
- Service 618 – Bethania-Talsarn-Silian-Lampeter – Timetable
The nearest railway stations are at Carmarthen (with services from west Wales, Swansea, Cardiff and London) or Aberystwyth (with services from north Wales, Shrewsbury and Birmingham). Both stations are serviced by Arriva Trains Wales, with some services to Carmarthen operated by First Great Western.
Bus services T1 passes both Carmarthen and Aberystwyth stations for onward travel to Lampeter. Through Cymru Connect tickets can be bought for use on the train and the T1 bus.